20,000 Places in the Atlas! All Thanks to Our Community!

Today the Atlas reached an amazing milestone, more than 20,000 places now call the Atlas home.

The Atlas has shed light on some of the most forgotten, unique places found across the globe. It has inspired many and filled others with a curiosity about the world they didn’t have before. And it’s truly all thanks to our community of curious, smart, and dedicated contributors who make the Atlas possible. This is truly a shared milestone!

So this is a big thank you to everyone who uses and contributes in any way to the Atlas, whether that’s adding a few photos or writing an entire entry, without your work, the Atlas wouldn’t be what it is today.

We appreciate all the contributions and suggestions that strive to make the Atlas, and the shared experience of using the Atlas, a unique and intellectual endeavor into the strange world around us. And even more so during these bizarre times we are living in, thank you for remaining curious. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Thank you for helping us become a better travel tool for all to use.

As we move forward, we promise to continue to find new ways to showcase the Atlas, our contributors, and keep the thoughts of our community at the forefront. So here’s a major :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: to you all from us! Thank you!

10 Likes

That is super cool! Up to 25k :slight_smile:
What was the 20000th spot?!

Edit: seems to be this one! Congrats @Edward_Denny
Screenshot_20200806-221341701_1|313x500

2 Likes

@CoolCrab Amazing! A number that should be going up fairly soon, from my intel lol. But, we really appreciate all your work, I mean its truly a vital part of the Atlas!

1 Like

I was wondering, how many people do you have working on places?
It seems to be less not (like only 2 days per week?) but normally?

2 Likes