Abandoned Jerome Post Office

Welcome to the official discussion about Abandoned Jerome Post Office in Jerome, Arizona. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/abandoned-jerome-post-office?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

Hi, thanks for listing this! I had fun looking for this place while in Jerome yesterday. I didn’t go all the way down because some work trucks were within vicinity and I would have absolutely been caught trespassing (a modern mining company owns the property and is doing some exploration in the area).

A local informed me it is not a former post office, but instead was the bath house for the old copper mine. I asked why such a large bathhouse was necessary, and she explained that back in its heyday, the mine employed 3,000 workers per shift. That’s a lot of dirty bodies that needed a shower at shift change!

Again, thanks for posting this…something 99% of Jerome’s visitors don’t know exists.

Sincerely,
Mike Sweeney