Art-o-mat

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Art-o-mat in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

1 Like

Found 5 of the 6 at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas. One was out of service. They do take $1 bills as well as 5’s.

1 Like

Buyer beware: first one ate my money. The essentials store refunded my money. They told me they aren’t allowed to put out of order on them, so it’s a risk. I had to give them my I.D. and sign a waiver. The second one I put it in gave me catnip. That’s right, not art. A box of catnip in a baggie that has a stick figure on the box. All of the machines, which btw, there are like 6 in the cosmopolitan when the website with the locators only list two or three. All had mostly the same artists in them. All of the decent ones were out. I was hoping to go all over the US collecting them, starting with my wedding trip in Vegas, but at $5 a pop with no guarantee of it even working, it seems more trouble Than it’s worth.

1 Like