Berkeley Mystery Walls

Welcome to the official discussion about Berkeley Mystery Walls in Fremont, California. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/berkeley-mystery-walls?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

I have done a little work running the satellite view of the rock walls on the Sutter Buttes. To me and many other peopl eI have shown this too, we all see geoglyphs. We see a figure with horns, possible constellations, a mammoth and many other figures.

sutter%20buttes%20rock%20walls%20black%20and%20white|495x444

4 Likes

Is the potential Mammoth connected to the thin jut of wall that is at about 2:30 if they circular Buttes were a clock? I.e., that jut would be a tusk in profile.

2 Likes

rock%20line%20man mammoth2

1 Like

sutter%20buttes%20rock%20walls%20black%20and%20white
The horned guy is a over a mile tall

2 Likes

The Bay Curious podcast has a great episode on the walls. They provide a possible explanation that is not as exciting as others, but the walls remain a mystery.

1 Like

OK, it appears this β€œwall” and associated construction is not dated. Is there any way to tell if this grouping of rocks was present before the last Ice Age; from the previous Interglacial period?
Glacial-Interglacial Cycles