Biosphere of Montreal

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Biosphere of Montreal in Montreal, Québec. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

I was her in 1967 for the Montreal Expo! This biosphere was the most iconic shapes to see. It seems to me some of the other large shapes were octogon shaped buildings. My memory is not the greatest as I was only eight years old. I do remember all the American exhibits that America brought up. I remember a few carnival ride that we road on. Eating in the food places, we found out that ice cubes were not put in drinks? Interesting? I have fond memories of our 1st Canadian trip. Quebec, Montreal and Tres Rivers! The Expo was much like a worlds fair, but not as big.

Uses for:
B&B, Hotel
TV & Movie production.
Lab
Events center
Archieve
All for local area

1 Like

My parents took us to Expo 67 and I loved the dome! I was 11 years old but remember it well. Imagine my surprise when, in 2002 or so, I was visiting with Peruvian friends who had been granted asylum and lived in Montreal and I was touring the city and saw the dome! It’s as beautiful as it was in 1967. I love the city of Montreal. Very cosmopolitan, people from many nations, wonderful Metro and lots of places to visit.

2 Likes