"Burying the Dead in Taipei’s Public Parks" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the story, Burying the Dead in Taipei’s Public Parks. You can share your comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below.

2 Likes

Wow, wonder if there is anything of this nature [pun intended] in the US? Especially the biodegradable urn? What an awesome idea and the knowledge that some Taiwanese are willing to let go of a piece of their culture that is thousands of years old is unbelievable and courageous.

Very interesting article. Thank you.

Just a note regarding “internment”. The word means, basically, imprisonment. The author wants “interment”, meaning burial (think French, perhaps? /en terre/ in the ground…)

1 Like

@askirsch Thanks a bunch for catching this, truly appreciated. The article has been updated. Thanks again!!!

1 Like

I’d visit just for the history alone. This is fascinating. And personally, I wouldn’t think that this takes away from Chinese funerary practices, as the male driver said. I think it’s possible to have both and keep/remember traditions. But hey, I could be incorrect and wrong…