Cabazon Dinosaurs

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Cabazon Dinosaurs in Cabazon, California. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

I’ve visited the dinosaurs a few times in the past few years. I love that “You can still climb through the T-Rex’s mouth Pee Wee Herman-style,” as the article suggests, although I’m disappointed that the gift shop has no Pee-Wee tchotchkes for sale.

The article also mentions “After [the founder’s] death, the property was sold to a local land developer who … spread the message of creationism and transformed the dinosaurs ‘from tourist stop to place of worship.’” I don’t know when that was written, but there is absolutely no sign of creationism at the attraction today. If this happened, it’s gone now.

Huell Howser, (1935-2013), long-time host of KCET’s “California Gold” series for California PBS stations, highlighting the natural and unnatural wonders of this great state, said it best: “If there was ever a California roadside attraction, this is it…the dinosaurs.”