Ceasars Clamato Chase

Who can tell me how to get a recipe for a Caesar Cocktail (Canadian version of Bloody Mary) 20 years ago I had a Canadian girlfriend and she introduced to this ‘Wonderfull spirit’. I am wondering how to get Clamato Juice to Holland and what the Rimmer herbs are… is anybody out there that can help me with this issue?

1 Like

I’ve never heard of the Caesar Cocktail, but if you can access clam juice, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and some ground celery seed, you can make your own Clamato to taste. I imagine they only add vodka after that?

1 Like

Ah, a very good drink - invented in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Rim a highball glass with the juice from the lime wedge and a combination of celery salt. Add the vodka and clamato juice. Season with pepper, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces to taste. Stir well. Garnish with a celery stick.

As for Clamato juice, I have only ever seen it sold in Canada. Not sure how to get it to Europe.

Darcy

2 Likes

I found this recipe online…
Clamato is a drink made of tomato juice flavoured with spices and clam broth.
10 minutes - 7 ingredients - Serves 2

600 ml - Tomato juice
350 ml - Clam juice or clam nectar
1 - Celery stalk
1- Lemon or lime (squeeze juice into the mix)
4 dashes - Tabasco sauce
4 dashes - Worcestershire sauce
1 - Black pepper, freshly ground

Enjoy your Caesar!!
Darcy

1 Like

Thanks so much, I will see if clam juice is available at this side of the salty lake;-)

Best Arjan

1 Like

Thanks SueT, I’m sure I will figure out a way to find the right combination… thnx

Grtz, Arjan

1 Like