Christ of the Abyss

ao-places
places
places-in-united-states
places-in-florida

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Christ of the Abyss in Key Largo, Florida. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/christ-of-the-abyss-florida?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

I submitted an edit to this because the name of the Park is Pennekamp State Park and that’s what’s includes the statue.

Besides, I’ve been to the park on a glass bottom and snorkeling tour but I’ve never made it all the way down to the statue AFAIK, so this allows me to check it off :wink:

Thanks for submitting your edits! If you have any questions about your submissions or edits, I would send an email to the database editors at places@atlasobscura.com. Thanks again for reaching out!

Thanks a lot. I just joined the website this week and it’s been such fun. I’m a freelance writer so I also submitted some articles to the editorial team