Christmas in NOLA suggestions?

My family (two adults/two teens) will be spending the week of Christmas in New Orleans. Anyone have any must do or see holiday specific recs they’d like to share?

Hiya! Do you already have a Reveillon dinner on your to do list? Because that is a must. It’s a big family meal that originated with French Creoles in NOLA that was typically consumed after midnight mass. A lot of restaurants around the city will have them. I personally can vouch for The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel and you can likely spot some celebrities there.

1 Like

Hey, It absolutely is on my list. I don’t imagine anyone is booking reservations yet, so maybe I’ll pick a church for mass and find a restaurant in the general area. I saw there’s caroling in Jackson Sq and bonfires on the MS, but what else?

Walk thru the Roosevelt Hotel lobby. It will be a wonderland. Go to City Park and ridge a horse drawn carriage through the Christmas Lights in the lovely Live Oak Trees. Go to midnight Christmas Eve mass at St. Louis Cathedral. Eat a Reveillon dinner.

1 Like

Thank you, adding all those to my list!

Find a Christmas parade. We always attended the one in Zachary (Baton Rouge area), which is usually the Saturday before Christmas, but I’d bet there are some closer to NOLA.

1 Like

Did Xmas in NOLA in 2016, and BY FAR our favorite thing was the levee bonfires. We did a bus tour, and it was super easy, avoided all the parking madness, and gave you all the time you needed to take in the visual feast that this event is: Christmas Eve Bonfire Adventure | Gray Line New Orleans.

Definitely +1 to the Reveillon dinner and the Celebration in the Oaks at City Park.

The Carousel Bar at Hotel Meonteleone was a fun little stop-in as well.

Whatever you end up doing, laissez les bon temps rouler!

1 Like

The Carousel Bar looks fun— adding it to the list!

WWII Museum is excellent. https://www.nationalww2museum.org/

1 Like