'Compassion'

ao-places
places
places-in-russia

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of ‘Compassion’ in Moscow, Russia. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

1 Like

I’m dead from reading this. Donate my things to the dogs.

1 Like

“Until one has loved an animal a part of the soul remains unawakened.” - Anatole France

1 Like

Thank you for this wonderful wonderful article. I am sad that this tragedy befell this beautiful creature but I am thankful to the journalist who helped bring justice for him. The statue to him and the other street dogs is a wonderful reminder of the plight of all street dogs worldwide.

2 Likes

Beware of that Russian lady. Serial murders have been known to hone their skills by killing animals.

It was hard to make out the image of the dog – had to study the enlargements to see that the dog was scratching his ear, a lovely tribute to a dog being himself. (Kudos to the sculptors!)Especially touching that the shopkeepers cared for him so well. True that in many countries and cultures, dogs are neglected and starved, or, alas, eaten. Here in the US many dogs become inseparable human companions, for better or worse. We humans are an odd pack. Love my travels with Atlas Obscura!

2 Likes