Corn Water Tower

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Corn Water Tower in Minnesota. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

1 Like

Wonder how many food theme water towers are there?
Western SC, grows more peaches than entire peach state,
For years everyone sees it driving on I-85

3 Likes

Growing up in Honolulu, it was always fun to spot the Dole Pineapple Cannery’s water tower. Unfortunately, progress and salt air were not kind to the tower and it has been removed from Honolulu’s skyline for many decades. http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu-Magazine/March-2010/The-Largest-Pineapple-in-the-World/index.php?cparticle=1&siarticle=0#artanc

3 Likes

These are awesome additions, I wonder how many more are out there. This is one from Collinsville, IL.

2 Likes

As a girl, every time we drove past the water tower in Rochester, MN my dad would look up and say “hmm, the water tower is still standing, I heard they will be taking it down.” And my brother and I would always ask why. “Its wormy.”

1 Like

I find these very charming and make a note every time I come across a new one! A few of my favorites:

1 Like