Crosby Blitz Beach

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Crosby Blitz Beach in Crosby, England. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

Dear Readers, I am sorry to inform Ms, Emma Marsh, that her article on the random rubble, strewn along the foreshore at Crosby Blundellsands, Is not the remains of buildings bomber in Liverpool during WW 2, YES, WW2 rubble was tipped there 74/5 years ago. BUT, I can assure her that after in access of 74 years of wave action and the sand that is contained within,that material has long long since been reduced to fine grit and sand , You only have to look closely at her broken tombstone photo, and the house bricks surrounding the headstone, to realise that this material has been deposited there much more resently. The erosive nature of salt water and sand (tides twice a day) to realise those items have not long been there. Factore in, there was a massive housing regeneration in Liverpool,Bootle and parts of Seaforth in the Late Sixties and Seventies and even into the eighties, when thousands of terraced housed plus other street corner buildings were demolished to make way for the urban regeneration program, I know for a fact that a lot of the Rubble from this demolition work was deposited at/on the North End of Crosby Beach during these times, I witnessed it, what she has “found” is this remains of this very material…and NOT WW2. Sorry to disappoint her interpretation of what is there …