Crumble-In

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Crumble-In. Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/cornbread-in-buttermilk?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

I am Arizona born and raised, both parents came as kids to AZ in the 1930’s. I only drink buttermilk by the quart, there is not much better than the un-sweetened (no sugar) cornbread and buttermilk with a little black pepper sprinkled on top. A lot of times I will go to the store for lunch and buy a quart of buttermilk and a small bag of Frito’s corn chips, drink down about 1/3 of the buttermilk, crumble the Frito’s in the bag and dump them into the buttermilk. Co-workers couldn’t understand how I could eat such awful stuff, so I would remind them that buttermilk is made with the same process as Yogurt or Cottage Cheese that they think is so healthy. You have to remember that not all Buttermilk is equal, some is rich and creamy while other brands seem to be thin and watered down.