Dogpatch USA

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Dogpatch USA in Marble Falls Township, Arkansas. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

1 Like

I lived in a A frame Chalet on this property 1979/80. The park was closed by then but a gentleman with more money than brains but very arrogant lol, opened a restaurant and disco. If I recall it was called Bogart’s. Being a dry county it had to be a members only BYOB. For a bit we actually had a nice stream of patrons. Some wonderful holiday parties, dancing to Gloria Gaynor and Village People lol. What memories they were! The chalet was beautiful then and the front all windows. And at the time there were a few ice storms!! Very beautiful. We never ventured into the park it was taboo. When we left and it closed there was a disco/rock nightclub opened there. I went once or twice but in reality no one should have driven Hwy7 after drinking one beer. And a lot was consumed! I never understood why the park didnt make it back then. My grandparents lived in Harrison and as a child when we visited from Az I loved that place. So many fond memories with a large amount of melancholy and sadness!

1 Like

Oh man I haven’t thought of this place for years, let me see if I can find the old can of “Kick-a-poo Joy Juice” from the themepark days.

2 Likes

I checked the old cabinet under the bookshelf the other day and could not find it. My mother didn’t seem to remember it but it looked like this one:

A google search turned up a lot of results, mostly with green labels. Possibly this is even still sold? But our family heirloom in yellow and tin seems to be lost forever :frowning:

2 Likes

How can I contact the owner?