"Even More Ways to Help Librarians and Archivists From Home" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the story, Even More Ways to Help Librarians and Archivists From Home. You can share your comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below. And a special thanks to @SteveMurray, @cholton427, @orangemike, and @nicocarver for the amazing suggestions!

Hey - I love this great way of helping out during our isolation - and maybe beyond…but wondering is there anything like this in Canada - please take no offence but I’d rather help out closer to home.

Hey! Thanks for reading. As a fellow Canadian, I totally appreciate this question! What province are you in? I’ll track down some ideas.

Oh thanks - I’m in Ontario - Oakville actually - just outside of Toronto

The Newberry Library has a transcription project available to while away your days stuck inside: Newberry Transcribe

As does the Smithsonian: https://transcription.si.edu/

In fact, if one does an internet search on “transcription projects”, about a zillion (well, slight exaggeration perhaps) will pop up.

1 Like

Have a PC? You can help Stanford researchers fold COVID-19 proteins (and work on ways to fight the virus) with Folding@Home - less of an “activity” than something you can leave your computer to do while you’re not busy on it.

1 Like