Favourite Botanical Gardens you have visited?

Love both the Eden project and Chelsea physics garden.

I’m hoping to revisit Chelsea physics garden in Spring to take another look at their datura plants.

Oh wonderful. Do let me know what you think. They offer tours with docents. We had a great one who brought the whole history alive for us. Also, the Chelsea Physic Garden, like the others, has a lovely cafe. :smiley:

The first time I visited I thought it was wonderful.

But this time round I’m mainly going to see the datura stramonium they have , its a plant that has fascinated me for a long time.

Sorry, I missed that you said “revisit”. :smiley:
Oh yes, the Devil’s snare. I had to look that up. I’m just now starting to learn plants by their scientific names. I am always impressed by those who can. The docent we had said that she could remember about 2000 of them. Incredible!

I coupled my visit with a trip to the Chelsea Flower Show that same week. It was madness, but in a pleasant and exciting way.

I always find botanists sort of more noble than animal biologists. They work with organisms that most people take completely for granted although their survival depends on them, and well plants are just fascinating.

It does depend on the botanist though , hahaha , sometimes they can be so passionate about their subject of research and take completely for granted that the language they use is way too technical for layman understanding.

I’m sure you’d love it in that case. Iceland is full of history, magic, and has such amazing fauna and flora.

Oh I would definitely love it , I’d particularly love to see an arctic fox. Hopefully one day I’ll get to see the island.

Oh, yes! That would be amazing. I actually looked into it before leaving, but never got around to it because it was a little out of the way in terms of the road trip itinerary.

In the West Fjords, you can go on a guided hiking tour to observe Arctic Foxes in their protected habitat.

Haven’t been to many gardens, but this one has to be my favorite so far:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/vizcaya-museum-and-gardens

Sounds like a brilliant tour , I’ll definitely keep it in mind for any future trip to Iceland

Love the idea of conserving native forests / trees and plants so this place looks excellent!

I loved the Botanical Gardens in Albuquerque, NM when I saw them 10 years ago. I can’t find my old photos, and it was long enough ago that I only remember snippets, but I remember a dragon in the fairytale garden, long swaths of camelias, and some very sweet cows in the farming section. I think the aquarium was adjacent, too.
Last fall I visited the Botanical Gardens in Montreal, Quebec, for the Festival of Lights. The Chinese Garden was spectacular at night!

Nevis botanical gardens will always hold a special place in my heart http://www.botanicalgardennevis.com. Of course, my home state is pretty amazing too https://www.dbg.org.

My god , its beautiful , I love that axolotl / carp light , I bet it was an awesome festival to see !

kirstenbosch gardens in cape town is high on my list. i’ve been to buchart gardens in b.c. but even in winter that south african beauty took my breath away with the myriad of protea soecies!

It looks like an amazing place to explore. I love the winding wooden walkway , sort of reminds me of the tree walkways of Rivendell from the Lord of the rings … actually not sure if it is Rivendell TBH, Tolkein is confusing and its been eons since I saw the films , but its where the Cate Blanchett character Galadriel hosts the fellowship.

I love the succulent species from South Africa , particularly the “living stones” they are such beautiful plants and so unusual.