“Get Rolling on These 7 Dreamy Bike Paths” Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the list, Get Rolling on These 7 Dreamy Bike Paths. You can share your comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below.

The Ashokan Rail Trail recently opened a new section that runs parallel to NY 28 west of Kingston, NY. There are new access points with parking across from the West Hurley Post Office, just west of the NY 375 intersection, and in Shokan, a few miles further west. I haven’t been on it yet, but it’s getting raves for its beauty. NY 28W is directly accessible from the NY Thruway at Exit 19-Kingston.

In Spain and Portugal there are a few Ecopistas. These are mostly old traintracks that have been converted to cycling paths. One of the best in Portugal is Ecopista do Dão. I have pictures and information to add to the atlas, this ecopista consists of three routes. The cycling path is green, red or blue in the different sections. This part of Portugal is very beautiful, the landscape is full of big boulders and looks almost alien. Aslo, there were serious forest fires 2 years ago and the consequences can still be seen today. And it’s still so beautiful. Should I add this location?