Ghost Ranch

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, New Mexico. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

We are very familiar with this area. A story I love is a conversation with Aubry Owen, then Head of Community Relations for Ghost Ranch. I asked him about rattlesnakes and the difficulties ranch guests might have with them. His reply was that the only people he knew of who had been bitten by a rattler were ones who should not have been fooling around with the snake as they were. That seems a general life lesson?

2 Likes

I agree. Life lesson to stay away from snakes! Great article about Ghost Ranch. I would like to add that this Piedre Lumbre area is incredibly beautiful, and some of the best lodging in Northern New Mexico can be found across the lake where Ghost Ranch becomes visible at dusk. The lake has lots of fun activities, and to close out an evening the high altitude makes star gazing a one-of-a kind.

1 Like