Glenrio Ghost Town

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Glenrio Ghost Town in San Jon, New Mexico. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

2 Likes

Interesting read on this place it is so bad for places like this ending up being ghost towns with such beautiful buildings just rotting away as I read through the pages just thinking with all the cries about immigrants, the government should give access so they can develope it into a thrieving community once more with guide lines of becoming a productive people.

I would love to have that Pontiac or the Ranchero!

1 Like

You read my mind.
The Catalina looks like a '67 (I think), and the Ford a 77-79.
I’d be shocked if someone hasn’t come by with a trailer and ‘adopted’ that orphaned Ranchero by now. Ya think it had an Astroturf bedliner?:wink:

1 Like

Eep, drove by this creepy little ghost town on my way back to OK in 2017. There were lots of “NO TRESPASSING” signs, but that’s to be expected. I can’t quite place why it gave me the creeps. But here’s a pic taken from my driver’s seat.

1 Like

I think that’s giving me the creeps…