Guilty food pleasure cravings

It could be McDonalds fries, like with the fantastic Jim Gaffigan.

Or Krispy Kreme donuts. Maybe it’s chicken and waffles. What foods do you crave but you wouldn’t proudly tell people about? From the unhealthy to the extreme, let us know what your guilty food pleasures are!

One of mine is Safeway fried chicken. :yum: My brain stops working when I have to think of the calories and sodium content.

4 Likes

I love any shellfish :lobster: and I do love wings.

1 Like

Can’t beat an 8 piece for 6.49 thats like stealing lolol

3 Likes

Baked goods are mine and there is a bakery on every corner where I live and work. I’m talking sticky buns, dessert breads, and chocolate chip cookies. I’ve also personally devoured a bag of Chips Ahoy cookies in two-three days more than once, Im not proud of that lol.

2 Likes

@mmack, I love shellfish and wings, too! Especially double fried ones that are really crispy, like Korean fried chicken.
To think the chicken industry used to just throw away the wings or pay others to take them and now they’re in big demand.

1 Like

I gravitate towards a childhood favorite. Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the blue box.
Whenever I am feeling under the weather, Kraft for dinner makes me feel better. I put catsup on it sometimes, or salsa, or just enjoy it plain. image

6 Likes

Bojangles fried chicken. Slightly spicy, crispy skin, heaven.

3 Likes

I could eat chips all day! Any kind, potato chips, tortilla chips, popcorn, crackers, anything crunchy… even past the point of being full. I think I’m more into the cronching sound more than the flavor, like a weird form of asmr :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Savory: very crunchy potato chips (like kettle cooked, lightly salted, no other flavors), Norwegian potato lefse with lots of butter.

Sweet: almost anything with dark chocolate, especially dark chocolate covered candied orange peels, and then there is Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia, Chunky Monkey, Mint Chocolate Cookie, and Boom Chocolatta!

3 Likes

@Ssshannon, you and I should form a Society for the Appreciation of Chips. I always like the sensory experience and can relate to eating beyond a sense of fullness.

2 Likes

You should start buttering up @Ssshannon since she has serious bakery connections. :wink:

1 Like

Yess! That is what a whole shelf of my pantry looks like, plus a secret stash in my bedroom :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Rubio’s fish tacos, and carnitas from the Old Town Mexican Cafe in San Diego’s Old Town. I used to dream about the latter when I lived in Chicago…

4 Likes

Today…peeps. Microwaved or browned over a gas stove, or frozen. But normally, just about any Asian noodle dish or a fatty rib steak.

3 Likes

I used to have fantasies about being locked in a Hostess truck overnight. These days I might shift the locked in time to midday so I could sleep in my own bed (Ding Dongs might be pillowy soft, but the crinkling would keep me awake).

4 Likes

I have a bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts, but my most favorite things to shove in my face are Chef Boy-Ar-Dee Spaghetti & Meatballs and frozen blueberry waffles. :grinning:

5 Likes

I don’t tend towards sweet things. But when I do, it’s a donut. This is the blueberry cheesecake donut available at Stan’s Donuts in Westwood, Los Angeles, and it has secured my vote as the greatest of all fried doughs.

5 Likes

I used to work across the street from a Hostess factory, and the smell was hypnotizing. The kind of smell that grabs you by the nostrils and drags you through the air like a cartoon.

3 Likes

My guilty secret: chocolate chips and peanut butter. I’ll never lose weight as long as I keep both in the house. A spoonful of peanut butter, maybe 10 chocolate chips, done.

2 Likes

Weirdly enough , fried squid with onions and French fries , I’ve been eating it almost every night here in Spain. It’s so damn good !
But I have an existential crisis / guilt while eating it because I know that octopi and squid are incredibly intelligent and sentient creatures.

4 Likes