Hampi

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Hampi in Hampi, India. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

2 Likes

“Carry Scarves to cover your face it is quite dusty and mosquito repellants.”.

No criticism, just a heads up to the editors… this sentence can be made clearer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve tweaked the entry to make it somewhat more clear!

Indo-Saracenic style of architecture originated as an amalgam of Islamic and Hindu styles by the British not before 18th century. While the architecture in Hampi does depict the two styles, describing it as Indo-Saracenic (please correct the spelling too) is incorrect.

Vijayanagara Research Project::Home page - was always my favorite set of pages on this site.
When I went in 2010, I also remember that the Anjaneya Temple served a lunch that I found magical. It’s a revived temple and the lunch overlooks the river with people taking boat tours.
Search: anjaneya | Flickr
Are some of my pictures, which I’m OK with you reusing.

1 Like

These are some great photos! If you have the time, or any others feel free to upload to our place entries that fit. We’d love to showcase them !

Sure!! How do I do that? I am a Hampi nerd but haven’t contributed to Atlas obscura before

Right at the top is an ‘add photo’ button and you can add them from there. You may have to sign up as a user first but it’s an easy process. Hope that helps