Haraldskær Woman

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Haraldskær Woman in Vejle Municipality, Denmark. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

I’m interested in where Haraldskær Woman traveled to in the year before her death. I believe I saw information on this in a recent TV show, but cannot remember which show.

The Haraldskær Woman has been permanently moved to the Cultural Museum - VejleMuseerne in Spinderigade 11 in Vejle (which is within walking distance from the church, where the bog body was previously on display). The museum is open 10 am - 5 pm, Tuesday - Sunday, and the admission is free.

I have tried several times to update this entry, but (except for my uploaded photos) my edits just get ignored unfortunately.

1 Like

As far as I know, no one from AO has been checking in on the forums for a while.

I’ve had similar problems with edits to entries not being updated, so what I’ve found works best now is to email places@atlasobscura.com any time it happens.

1 Like

I had not noticed that the AO admins have been abscent for a while. Let’s hope it’s just temporarily.

I actually recently mailed places@atlasobscura.com regarding three other edits. Despite these edits only being minor ones, I never receied any reply. Therefore I’m not so sure I would have better luck sending an email regarding the Haraldskær Woman, which would involve a major edit. Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

I have now added info under my Haraldskær Woman photos about said bog body’s new permanent location. Hopefully that will help at least a few visitors heading directly to the museum instead of going to the church in vain looking for the Haraldskær Woman.

1 Like