Have any feedback about our forums? Please let us know!

Ah, yes. There is an issue with the way our system is currently counting and displaying posts, but we are working on a fix that should hopefully correct that (and allow for an infinite forum topic scroll) very soon.

In the meantime, to answer your question, I am hiding all of the missing topics in a shed in an undisclosed location. Sometimes I visit them, and read them, and laugh to myself in delight and appreciation for our wonderful community. It’s not weird at all.

This is quite acceptable Mr. Grundhauser. I appreciate your responsiveness and I’d like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Well you’re in luck…

https://www.atlasobscura.com/newsletters

Been there, done that, got the merit badge.

It would be great if there was a link to forum users AO profile somewhere on the forum. I often want to click and see what they added and its complicated right now. (Especially if the username does not match the display name, like my case.)

Maybe another cool statistic would be, how many people have visited your added places or want too.

And the last one is a question. How are the most popular places of a city/country determined? It does not seem to be the sum of the ‘Been here’/‘Want to go’ numbers, as some places have a higher sum and are still low.

A link to a forum users Atlas profile is a terrific idea. We’re aware of the difficulty of navigating between the forums and the main site, and we’re trying to find ways to make that easier. There are also a number of changes to the user profiles in both places in the works that will hopefully make that easier as well. Also, great suggestion about the added statistics, we’ll keep it in mind!

In terms of the popular places, they are ranked based on the number of people who marked, “Want to Go.” Not the sum of the interactions.

Hope this helps and thanks again for the feedback!

Oh so the ‘been there’ does not matter? I usually take my ‘want to go’ off if I visited a place.