Hotel Casanus

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Hotel Casanus in Stekene, Belgium. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/hotel-casanus?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

I’d very much like to hear from anyone who has actually stayed here.

Hi Eric, I was there last weekend! It was a great experience, the Verbeke Foundation in general is a place worth adding to the Atlas (I will write an entry soon), as it is full of wonder & weirdness. And it is cool to have ‘a night at the museum’, especially at a place like this. The bed was comfy, the toilet unfortunately at the moment non functional (that happens sometimes in an intestine too I guess), but we could use the one in one of the other building. Highly recommended!

5 Likes

AH!!! Thank you for telling us about it, @historynerdxl! I’ve been curious about that place for years.

I haven’t stayed there but the Verbeke Foundation invites every year several young artists for an exhibition. Those students/artists have to stay there for one week and in that time they have to create something for the exhibition. My daughter once was one of them.

3 Likes