"How to Quarantine in a Ghost Town" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the story, How to Quarantine in a Ghost Town. You can share your comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below.

1 Like

What an interesting article! I would enjoy hearing the trials tribulations and discoveries of the ghost town. Exploring the old buildings would definitely be a pastime of passion.

1 Like

Best quarantine story ever! Kudos to Brent for sticking it out, ghosts and all :wink:

1 Like

I have slept in that bunk house! It’s definitely haunted! Have visited Cerro Gordo many times. Was friends with Mike Patterson and was working with the Metabolic Studio… Love it there… extraordinary place!

3 Likes

Can’t imagine a safer and more interesting place to shelter.

Looking forward to Cerro Gordo opening to visitors and campers.

1 Like

This was one of the coolest articles I’ve read from AO, just awesome. Wonderful starry skies, a killer sunset, underground shafts and a ghost story, wow. Thank you!

1 Like

Sad to report a fire on June 15, 2020 destroyed the hotel, icehouse and a home. There are plans are to rebuild. https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-21/a-california-ghost-town-with-a-murderous-past-suffers-new-tragedy-as-famed-hotel-goes-up-in-flames