"In the Field With the Intrepid, Dedicated Snailers of Hawaiʻi" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the story, In the Field With the Intrepid, Dedicated Snailers of Hawaiʻi. You can share your comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below.

Hi snail protectors. I’m almost 76. I started collecting live snails when I was very young. For their shells. I married a full blood Tlingit from Alaska in 1963. Lived Native. We divorced in 1980 and I moved back to holland Michigan. In 1987 I got it deeply what we’d done to get the Land. This awareness helped me to see my shell collecting as wrong. I quit cold turkey. With polymer clay I make Gastropoda that look real. I call them guiltless shells. I will be opening a new website next month. www.essenceofthespiral.com. The goal of my site is to help people appreciate our beautiful planet through the eyes of a snail lover. My totem animal is the snail. I’d love to gift shells to you. To give you hope. Impossible things can happen.
Thanks for what you’re doing
Annie Olson.
I do better with texting. 616-422-3729