Introducing the Atlas Obscura Chrome extension

Hi everyone! We’re thrilled to present Atlas Obscura Tabs – a simple Chrome extension that reveals a random Atlas Obscura place each time you open a browser tab. We hope it helps spread wonder and curiosity throughout your day and gives you an easy way to explore Atlas Obscura.

You can download the extension here.

As always, we very much welcome any feedback, so please don’t hesitate to leave comments below. And if you’re enjoying the extension, leave a review in the Chrome app store!

Thanks!

9 Likes

I love it! Makes my workday so much more joyous. Good work, y’all.

2 Likes

Where’s the Firefox extension?

5 Likes

Hey Programmin. Unfortunately, we don’t have plans for a Firefox extension in the near future. But as our Firefox reader base grows, we’ll definitely consider it!

1 Like

Got it. Can’t wait to try it out.

1 Like

Can it be added to chrome on Android phone?

1 Like

Hi Robert. It looks like Chrome extensions can only be used on Android phones using select browsers other than Chrome. (A bit odd, isn’t it?) Here’s an article I read that explains which browsers they work with: How to Install Chrome Extensions on an Android Browser

Thanks I’ll just do desktop then.

1 Like

This is so cool!! I love this. Now anytime I get on the internet, I can learn about more new places, along with your emails, and if I get the chance to visit the country (what it is that comes up at the time), it can be added to my list!!

3 Likes

SO cool! Thank you!

2 Likes

This is so cool. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like