Is Atlas Obscura available on a map?

Hi!
We use Road Trippers for road trips and really like the way you can map your trip and it highlights things along the way. Does AO have anything like that?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @four21al! You can look for things that are near you at any time by clicking the search bar at the top right of the site, and selecting “Places Near Me.” That will pull up a page that has a map of nearby wonders on it! And then if you want to see a map of ALL of the places in the database, you can check that out here:

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

4 Likes

@EricGrundhauser is there a way to get push notifications? I live in DC, with lots of interesting stuff around and would love to know if there’s a location near me (but not have to look for it ahead of time)

You can access the “whats near me?” option on atlas obscura on your cell phone , right?

1 Like

I think so. But I guess my thing is not wanting to be checking all the time, or not having to remember to check

:thinking:

I found an example with the Explore Here iPhone app. There’s a screenshot that sort of shows what I was trying to explain. https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple123/v4/82/3c/04/823c04f4-336f-7214-6421-6b2b0a47fc19/pr_source.png/230x0w.webp.

I would love this feature, but with Atlas Obscura points