Lithuanian Spit Cake

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Lithuanian Spit Cake. Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/lithuanian-spit-cake-sakoti?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

Thank you for this article! I was so intrigued that I was determined to get one for Christmas. Luckily, we do Christmas in Chicago, so I was able to get one at Racine Bakery.

Heads up to anyone else who goes there — to get a fresh spit cake, you need to get your order in a week or so before Christmas. I missed that deadline, but no matter because they also had a bunch of packaged ones that had been imported from Lithuania.

3 Likes

AHHH! That looks amazing.

1 Like

It is unique. Tastes like slightly hard waffle. But you do want them fresh, they get stale after a day or so. Was fortunate they got one for a family gathering on my last visit.

2 Likes

I just got back from Lithuania and have a few more photos. Alas I didn’t see them made but we had some more at a gathering and I saw it in shops.

2 Likes