Metro Auditorio

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Metro Auditorio in Mexico City, Mexico. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

2 Likes

Interesting article, although I was a little surprised to see the author describe the British Ambassador as a "Mexican politician’. Perhaps an update to that sentence is due.

1 Like

Haha , yes , I think the British ambassador might be a little hesistant at being described as a Mexican politician.

Having said that the current prime minister of England , Boris Johnson, would certainly have no problem fitting into the corrupt eschelons of Mexico’s political elite and would probably feel very much at home among all the machiavellian despots.

Anyway, I just edited the article , hope Linkogecko doesn’t mind , its a brilliant entry otherwise.

2 Likes

You’ve certainly got the measure of that lying moron, but i wouldn’t wish him on Mexico, they don’t deserve that!

2 Likes

Oh beyond initially being in his element of institutional corruption and empty platitudes I don’t think he would last very long over there anyway. Knowing him , he would open his big mouth one too many times and prattle on about something that he shouldn’t have or promise something to the wrong person/ cartel without intending to deliver.

Then he really would end up like many a Mexican politico who makes enemies in high places , muerto , chingado etc. :skull:

Actually considering his most recent flagrant violation of democratic values that sounds like that could be quite beneficial for sustaining British democracy … So Boris , if in the slim chance you are reading this please do the UK a favour and consider embarking on a political career in Mexico.