"Modern Tech Is Revealing Ancient Egyptian Tattooing" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the story, Modern Tech Is Revealing Ancient Egyptian Tattooing. You can share your comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below.

“Some of the tattoos…sound more Brooklyn than Egypt”; what does this mean?

2 Likes

I think it’s very cool that what we consider to be something modern - tattoos - have been found on the mummies of women from 3,000 years ago. Funny how fashion repeats itself! I have 7 tattoos, most of them large and on the outside of my legs, and am thinking about ways to possibly preserve them when I pass away. I plan to be cremated and hate to think of them being lost forever, but having the skin removed and framed seems rather grotesque!

Professional photos of them, then high-quality prints? The actual craftsmanship might be gone, but a faithful reproduction of the image remains.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Thanks so much for your suggestion - it sounds like the best way to preserve them. They really are beautiful. One is a nymph holding onto morning glory vines. Another is a bouquet of my favorite flowers from my garden. There is also an Art Nouveau lady in a quarter moon and the last big one is a floral design I created when I had cancer for the second time. It’s in the shape of an “S” for Survivor. All are originals from my imagination.

1 Like