Neskowin Ghost Forest

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Neskowin Ghost Forest in Neskowin, Oregon. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

When we lived in Oregon, my husband and I loved to visit Neskowin. A beautiful beach, that never seemed too crowded. It was a a great day trip/escape. There was a great little restaurant right off the beach, that served amazing house made cinnamon rolls and pizza.

2 Likes

05/24/19 - Timing had us arriving here shortly after high tide, but we still got a good glimpse of the tops of some of the stumps. Be aware that if you copy and paste the coordinates from the article into googlemaps it will route you through a gated community. This was locked and we did not wish to trespass, so we backtracked and parked in a neighborhood near public beach access. From there it was a short walk south down the beach, as well as a creek crossing (height depends upon tide and time of year, but it was up past my knees and I am pretty tall).

1 Like