Nokia Kuuma Koira

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Nokia Kuuma Koira. Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

A pizza place where I grew up in Western MA used to add quite a bit of sugar to their crust. AND ranch was served to dip the pizza in, as a matter of course. Good stuff.

What other additions of sugar to savory foods are out there?

2 Likes

When I was a small child growing up in Philadelphia, my dad used to smear a breakfast pancake with jam and wrap it around a sausage to make breakfast fun. It still tastes wonderful, especially with spicy sausage or chiles added to the jam.

2 Likes

Holy moly that sounds wonderful.

My grandmother was Slovak and made kick ass perohi, the Slovak version of pierogi. Half of hers had the standard potato and cheese and half were filled with prunes that had been rehydrated and made into a thick paste.

First boiled then fried with butter and onions. It’s a great savory and sweet combo. I’ve also done it with dried apricots.

1 Like

In Colorado there is a local pizza chain called Beau Jo’s and they usually offer honey to drizzle on top of the pizza crust. It’s really really good.

2 Likes

The most famous pie at Paulie Gee’s, a pizza place right across from the Atlas Obscura office, has spicy honey drizzled on top!

1 Like

we always use Food Near Me for best pizza shop,