Obscura Academy Challenge: Draw a Place You’ve Never Seen Before

Welcome to the discussion for the Obscura Academy Challenge: Draw a Place You’ve Never Seen Before. You can share your artwork along with any comments and thoughts about the story in the conversation below.

We can’t wait to see what you’ve created!

3 Likes

I love it! Is this your take on Fly Geyser?

All the texture you got here is really interesting, love the speckles around the top. Very cool!

1 Like

As a newly budding visual artist, I figured Quasi was one that I could manage. Pretty happy with the result~ :blush:
I would have enjoyed doing Fly Geyser, but I have already seen photos of that, so oh well.

2 Likes

I set my partner on the Hodag as he is a much more practiced doodler and this creature is very much up his alley.

2 Likes

Yes, it is! Thanks!

1 Like

Kudos to you and your partner, these are both great!

Your drawing captures Quasi’s jaunty posture perfectly. And I love the elephant trunk on the Hodag—all the better for grabbing bulldogs with.

1 Like

Who or what is Quasi? Google couldn’t help me.

1 Like

Quasi is a sculpture in New Zealand! He’s one of the 10 Atlas entries included in our recent challenge to draw a place by its description alone.

Here’s the Atlas Obscura entry about Quasi: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/quasi-hand-face

This is my drawing of Fly Geyser in Neveda. It may look childish but I"m 49 years old. Not much of an artist but like the idea of the challenge.

2 Likes