Obscura Academy Challenge: Take a Photograph Inspired by a Wondrous Place

Welcome to the discussion for the latest Obscura Academy challenge: Take a Photograph Inspired by a Wondrous Place. You can share your photographs, comments, and thoughts in the conversation below.

We can’t wait to read what you create!

2 Likes

I guess you’d need to get on this thread early to get in Fingal’s Cave! Not very deep but it makes up for it in wonderous other ways.

1 Like

My wife makes and sells miniature live succulent gardens. They last a very long time with minimal care needed, so they are “Brief Gardens” in the sense of space, rather than time.

1 Like

Infinity has some strange properties. If the Universe is infinite, then technically any given point within it can be considered its center.

As it happens, the other day I did find the Center of the Universe. It’s just the other side of my neighbor’s fence.

1 Like

I have drawn a picture by using Animation table. And the effects of this picture can easily be seen by wearing The VR headset. Please rate my work and give me suggestions. Click here to see.

Looking through my faithful ol’ Flickr records I found a few that, even if a few years old, kind of work for this.

Disappointment Rock (this is an archaeological site in Mexico, imagine thinking you are visiting ancient ruins and they were only built a few decades ago, although I think it’s only the date of a reconstruction):
Fechas en Piedra by David Cabrera, en Flickr

Cathedral of Junk:

Cúpula con Desmadre by David Cabrera, en Flickr

End of the World Cinema:

Cine Abandonado by David Cabrera, en Flickr

Brief Garden:
Jardincito by David Cabrera, en Flickr