"On the Midway With the Carnival Game Investigators Out to Protect Your Summer Fun" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the story, On the Midway With the Carnival Game Investigators Out to Protect Your Summer Fun. Feel free to talk about the story in the conversation below!

Great story. Thank you for the journalism. As someone who will play, hoping not to win but just enjoying the experience of trying, the story made me nostalgic. Sometimes it is fun to be cheated (as long as you limit in advance how much you wish to spend to play).

1 Like

Id rather play games then be cheated playing games.

1 Like

I enjoyed the article on the carnival games. I am no relation to the reporter who wrote it but Rich is a friend of mine I have known over the years and have asked his assistance with people who emailed me and were ripped off at some of the games.

Rich has done a great job over the years keeping mischief off the midway and has endured bogus lawsuits and threats from carnival industry people.

Unless law enforcement inspects, monitors and enforces violations on the games, people will continue to be cheated by unscupulous game agents.

There are many good people working on the midway, trying to make a living. I support these people. However, when a game is altered to give little or no possibility to a player to win, it is no longer a game. It is now a crime.

1 Like