Pachamanca

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Pachamanca. Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

I tried posting the details of a really nice place to eat Pachamanca close to Lima but there seems to be a website malfunction.
I tried Pachamanca at RUMI Comida tradicional (https://rumicomidatradicional.negocio.site/) in the Carabayllo sector close to Lima. Just like any type of food in Peru, portions are gigantic. They have pork, chicken, lamb and Guinea pig Pachamanca and they come with a side of potatoes or sweet potatoes, humitas and green beans.
To have the full experience, you can “wash it all down” with chicha morada or chicha de jora.
What is nice about this place is that there are traditional musicians playing Peruvian folklore, which makes the experience even better.
I personally recommend eating Guinea pig instead of Pachamanca Guinea pig because it tastes better.