Paris in early April

Looking for unusual things to do in the evening after a day of sightseeing…any suggestions?

1 Like

I’ve yet to go, but if you plan on visiting the Eiffel Tower you can look for one of our favorite Atlas gems, the secret apt. of Gustave Eiffel!

3 Likes

Shakespeare and Co bookstore is always fun to explore! If you’re looking for something to do in the evening, I would recommend taking a a ride down the Seine for beautiful views of the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame at night!

But, if you’re sick of sightseeing at the end of a packed day, my favorite memory of Paris is just sitting down in a random street cafe and drinking a glass of wine to people watch. The area around the Sacré-Cœur is perfect for this!

3 Likes

If you want to relax after a long day of sightseeing, I recommend parking yourself at a péniche - one of the floating restaurants under the bridges of Paris. There are many which are quite touristy, butLes Jardins du Pont-Neuf stands out as a local hangout from where you can watch the sun setting over Parisian bridges. It’s a lovely little place for cocktails and nibbles with a view!

4 Likes

Not at all unusual, but the Quai Branly museum, striking enough by day, has a clever light garden by night and the exhibits upstairs are all the more striking.

6 Likes

Movie in the round. L'Atelier des Lumières - Site officiel - Créé par Culturespaces

1 Like

That looks stunning!

1 Like