Peacock Clock

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Peacock Clock in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/peacock-clock?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

Unfortunately when we visited several years ago the clock was only turned on for “Big Shots” Our guide at that time said that the last time it was turned on was for Putin. A funny story, after we saw it we went up to the room where the French impressionists paintings were displayed. Our guide for most of the day told us how the people hid the works of art from the Germans in WWII, so I asked here where these paintings came from, her response was they were liberated from private collections so the “people” could enjoy them…I replied, so you STOLE them, and she repeated here prior statement To which I rereplied, no you stole them!! She abrutly turned around and walked away. At least I didn’t end up in the Gulag.