Peanut Butter & Mayonnaise Sandwich

Welcome to the official discussion about Peanut Butter & Mayonnaise Sandwich. Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/peanut-butter-mayonnaise-sandwich?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

1 Like

I think the carbohydrates in the bread would be more likely to make you sleepy than the peanut butter or mayo.

1 Like

We always add lettuce!

1 Like

My mother used to eat peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches when I was a kid except she also put dill pickles on them.

Always had these at home growing up, although they were best toasted (melts the pb) and with miracle whip instead of mayo for a ‘zing’. My kids even liked them as they were growing up!

We ate them sometimes when I was growing up. Eventually I started subbing cheese for the may. Still love a pb and swiss cheese sandwich.

1 Like

I grew up in Virginia and loved PB&M and banana sandwiches and still do to this day–but now with wheat bread and crunchy PB