Pensacola Futuro House

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Pensacola Futuro House in Pensacola Beach, Florida. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

If you like round/dome houses and such also check out the concrete dome nearby the Futuro:

Up for sale in 2017, might still be? Dome of a Home for sale | Monolithic Dome Institute
Not saying I’m a sneaky-peeky but once after a storm there were no garage doors and it was possible to just drive through it. Who am I kidding, I am a sneaky-peeky and did that. No domes were harmed.

Another well rounded place to stay is a few hours east on the sound at Port St Joe. An area more known a little more for fishing less than wide beaches. I chatted with the owner of these dome homes for a bit, nice guy, said his only regret was not building more of them. If you want to rent one of his look up Bayrock 1 a Cape San Blas Vacation Rental. Picture below of the main dome, there is also a small one and one that he lives in.

3 Likes