Polish War Graves of Newark Cemetery

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Polish War Graves of Newark Cemetery in Newark-on-Trent, England. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

Good afternoon

My name is Laura and I’m trying to find some information regarding my grandfather. My grandfather is 93 years of age and was born in Poland he fought in the war as an engineer for the Air Force. He has short term memory loss but proudly tells stories of the war that happened more than my lifetime ago. All I can do is sit and listen I can’t add anything to his stories and my problem is that because of his age he doesn’t have anyone to talk to about this.Unfortunately because of his age his friends have all passed and he’s extremely lonely. He’s a very intelligent charismatic man that’s still full of life and energetic more than me sometimes ha my question is do you know of any other polish war veterans that are still alive? Are there any groups that I could take him to? Maybe have a coffee and a chat? If you could help me I would be eternally grateful