Pontiac Silverdome

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Pontiac Silverdome in Michigan. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

I’m not sure where to put this. I was going to add it into the suggest an edit. The Pontiac Silverdome is now demolished and I hear they have started another building site there, so this location is no longer accessible.

Hey @marieifets, thanks for the update! I’ve marked the location as closed and some updates have been added to the listing. Thanks again for letting us know!

Saw my first pro football game there, a Detroit win over the Dallas Cowboys. While Ford Field, the Lions’ new home, is definitely nicer, a lot of Michiganders have fond memories of the Silverdome.

1 Like

thats so awesome thanks for sharing, nothing like the memories of a first sporting game mine was seeing Michaels last game at home as a wizard. Not his best of years but memorable non the least!