Poutine Râpée

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Poutine Râpée. Ask questions or share tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this food, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

Sounds incredible! Would anyone have a favorite recipe to share for poutine rappee? Sides, desserts to go with? Thanx everyone!

While my Memere would argue that the only traditional side that is allowed beside a poutine, is white Sugar or Molasses.

However, being a chef and surrounded by one of the greatest chefs in Canada, Jakob Lutes (owner of Port City Royal ) we have discussed different ways to add a “twist” to the original Poutine.

He enjoys Pickles with them, Lady ashburn go well.

If you are ever in the maritimes, I can make you the best poutine you will find on the East Coast. Potato-Patate(FB)
I find if you order them from a Diner, (the few diners that offer them) you wont get that perfect bouncy unique texture that we have perfected. I also never use salted pork, I used Pork Bellys diced up, which are then seasoned with salt and pepper, and sometimes we will add salted green onions to the pork.

Hope you get to try a good one !

If you would like to seriously try cooking them on your own, I can direct you to some youtube videos that are pretty close to the way we do it.