Queen's Staircase

ao-places
places
places-in-bahamas

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Queen’s Staircase in Nassau, Bahamas. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/queen-s-staircase?utm_source=atlas-forum&utm_medium=referral

When I was there on my honeymoon, 30 years ago, you couldn’t step off the staircase at the top or the bottom because of a throng of beggars and underage souvenir sellers. You had to push your way past the crowd. Our tour guide warned us to be careful of pickpockets. Good to know that it is easier to navigate these days!

Oh wow! I went with my family a few years back, and I can confirm that the stairs are easy to navigate these days, at least in terms of people flow. It’s a very worthwhile visit, for sure.

I was here a few years ago as well. It was easy to navigate, and nobody interacted with us. I seem to remember a few vendors around but there weren’t many locals there at all. There were lots of visitors from the cruise ships but that’s about it.