Quinta da Regaleira

Welcome to the Atlas Obscura Community discussion of Quinta da Regaleira in Sintra, Portugal. Ask questions or share travel tips, experiences, pictures, or general comments with the community. For the story behind this place, check out the Atlas Obscura entry:

My first visit to Quinta da Regaleira was about twenty years ago on a very chilly, foggy day in January.
I seemed to be the only individual there and the atmosphere was utterly magical.

I revisited this place a few years ago and, of course it didn’t have quite the same magical quality. In the ensuing years a ticket office had been added and as it was a sunny day there were a lot of visitors.

Remembering my first visit though still enchants me.

2 Likes

Quinta da Regaleira is a magical place and a hidden gem of Sintra! I have been there last year and I really enjoyed the visit. Lisbon seemed to be really busy comparing to Sintra. I found here https://www.livingtours.com/en/trips/tours/lisbon-bus-tours good options for my trip! I also visited the Pena Palace which makes you feel like you are in some-sort of fairytale! Sintra is always a good idea!