Real talk: What's the greatest road trip song?

My teenage self was partial to the Reel Big Fish cover:

Re: America by Simon and Garfunkel, just heard this on NPR this morning. Worth a listen:

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/13/667284982/american-anthem-simon-garfunkels-america

Check out this live version of America by First Aid Kit where Paul Simon himself gives them a standing ovation at the end…gives me chicken skin:

I’ve never seen this Reel Big Fish video but it’s super cute. It would be so fun and easy to shoot something like this, got my producer wheels turning…

We often listen to CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival) during our trips. This music gives you a great feeling of freedom. And if I’ve got to choose a favourite one, let’s go for Bad Moon Rising! :heart_eyes:

Whenever I hear “Bad Moon Rising” (Brilliant song by the way) I inevitable associate it with the image of a werewolf rampaging across 1980’s London.

+1 for CCR! “Lookin’ Out My Back Door” would have to be my pick of theirs

May I also submit the 17-minute version of Prince’s “I Would Die 4 U”? That version is unsurprisingly not online but… here’s the single version. There’s been a lot of dancing in my car to this on long drives.

I love this song !

‘The Passenger’ by Iggy Pop
‘On the Road Again’ by Canned Heat (that song inspired my pseudo ;=))
‘Born to be Wild’ by Steppenwolf

All the various covers from ‘Route 66’.

OOOO! Born To Be Wild is a classic.

I like Lou Reed’s Walk on the Wild Side for a mellow, early morning road trip. I also have no name shame in listening to on-the-noise music, such as U2’s Joshua Tree when driving around JT National Park, etc.

Joshua Tree is probably an all around great driving record.

For “The Great American Eclipse” my sisters, bf, and I took an impromptu road trip from NYC down south. On the way back driving through West Virginia we blasted multiple times John Denver’s County Roads. It was a great finishing moment to an incredible trip.

In my 20s I did a ton of long road trips for shows (saw moe. 70+ time on the east coast) and my late night return trip selection was always Sea Change (Beck). Any time I had a passenger they thought I was BSC listening to something so mellow heading home (Pittsburgh from Jersey, say) at 3:00am. It always let me unwind and if they were being grumpy it would inevitably put them to sleep.

Admittedly it sometimes feels like this:

Absolutely love this song and still think it is one of the best and most underrated music videos of all time. Deliciously and decadently gothic, it makes me want to explore all the bohemian places in Paris I haven’t seen yet .

It would play without fail at the turning of midnight in a gothic nightclub, UTA, I used to frequent in the centre of Mexico city and everyone would just dance. Fun days.

*Disclaimer: I am not a werewolf.

I’d never heard this song before. It’s incredible. I feel like you’ve given me a true gift today.

re: being a werewolf
Prove it.

The silver bullet test may have diminishing returns haha