Real talk: What's the greatest road trip song?

I’m not sure about greatest, but my wife and I have noticed that at any given point during a road trip- Billy Joel is playing on at least one station during SEEK. Captain Jack, Piano Man, A Matter of Trust, We didn’t start the fire, you name it.

If you seek, you’ll find Billy waiting. And you consider changing the channel, but heck… you know all the words so you might as well ride it out!

My favorite artists. Excellent choice

Road Tripping - Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of the first that comes to mind. But road trips are often long, and I’m an album guy… So I’ll include Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys as the greatest road trip album.

My dealer pulled up listening to She’s Always a Woman today! :rofl:

Born to be Wild is one of the best songs. But for long distance listening while driving I say anything/everything by James McMurtry.

Don’t know if this is the greatest (since I haven’t listened to all the songs yet) but the feel of this song is how I love to feel when I am traveling.

L A Freeway JerryJeff Walker

Gotta add one more

I always start singing Willie Nelson’s “On The Road Again”. :cowboy_hat_face: Just that one line and it doesn’t matter if there is anyone else around.

I like Bob Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive

Road trip song! has to be Radar Love by Golden Earring. I always save it for that time
late in a long drive where I need a “wake up song”.