Right now, YOU are craving

Did you try any cigars when you were in Puerto Rico ? They were once among the top 5 best producers of hand rolled cigars , I bet they are pretty good too.

Phillipines too , I am guessing that they must have been one of the oldest growers of tobacco in Asia (one of the only benefits of the Spanish empire , its smokes ).

I’ve got to say I admire your maternal granma’s style but I would be too worried with burning my tongue hahaha ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My immediate craving is for some Panamanian tamal de olla.

My secondary craving is for… a certain friend wink wink nudge giggle

My deep longing is to be able to travel freely to and from Panama.

1 Like

How does one join READ?

1 Like

That was it - you asked about it. :wink:

1 Like

No, did not smoke a cigar while I was in Puerto Rico. If I’d known about them being in the top 5 handrolled cigar makers, I probably would have!

Hmm, that might be true about the Philippines. I remember my husband & I sharing a Cuban (sadly, not Filipino) cigar on Boracay beach at night, listening to the tide ebb and flow, during one of our trips there - actually, our honeymoon, now that I think about it. It was a great memory.

Maybe the moisture inside Lola’s (Grandma’s) mouth prevented any burns, hahaha!

1 Like

An egg tart right now would be nice. Would be better if it’s warm and consumed while in front of a beautiful view.

Non-food… a social media break. Can’t do it now but I probably will by the end of next month.

2 Likes

Especially if it’s Portuguese egg tarts.

Image from this website

2 Likes

Those look delicious!

1 Like

They are! I’ve missed them since I can’t readily get them nowadays.

1 Like

Pasteis de Nata, they are veeery delicious :yum: I tasted them in Porto.